Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blog Post # 6

unknown

This was a very inspiring video, it really displayed why complaining is just a waste of energy. Randy Pausch had all the reasons in the world to complain about life. Instead he took his life experiences to better the life of others. He made very interesting points that will stick with me. To be honest, I was going crazy knowing that this presentation was over an hour long (so much that I’m late writing my blog). Nevertheless, I enjoyed every minute of the video and has recommended it to others. He had some valuable to share regardless of age. He stated towards the end of the video that the second head fake was that this presentation was not for the audience but for his kids. What a good approach!!! My blog post will consist of a few key points he made throughout the video.
The first thing that pulled me in to finish the video was his spirits. He said he didn’t have much time to live. If I was the judge of that...I would probably guess wrong. I can really relate to that feeling while serving time in Iraq. Many days during deployment I thought could be my last. In the beginning it was hard for me to accept. Eventually I realized that accepting death helped me strengthen life. I became more focus and aware of what was really going on around. I guess that was my personal feedback loop.
The second thing that grabbed my attention was his definition of experience, “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you really wanted.” That is something I told my little league baseball team this year. We did not lose a game in that past two years so they (we) thought they were unstoppable. I can’t lie because I was thinking the same thing. The first 5 games went just as planned with five wins and zero loses, but the sixth game went a little different. I must say they were our “brick wall”. So we learned from our experiences and began worked harder.
I think in life as long as you are absorbent to feedback, work hard and help others… life can turn out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment