Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blog Post #7

The Networked Student
The movie was about a Network Student studying American Psychology. The students are only in class three days and online the other two days. The students are learning without a textbook. The information is being posted on a blog for other students to read and give their opinions. Learning occurs over a very diverse social network.unknown


The student used a MP3 player to download audio/ video podcast. Most of our students today have MP3 Players or IPods. The question I asked myself was where’s the teacher? The instructor was there for guidance and to help build the network of global communication.
I think this a great way to learn because most students spend a lot of time on blogging and interacting with other people. The students enjoy being online and this will give them time out of the classroom. I would enjoy teaching this way because I think the students will grasp the information quickly.
Thomas Suarez
I have learned that anyone can design an application and sale it to the application store. The school is supporting the student and allowing Thomas to teach other students how to build their applications. This video is a great example of how technology is advancing. A twelve year old gave a professional power point presentation, created two applications, and sold the applications to Apple.
it is important to introduce your students to technology so they can create new things for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Percy, I agree that networked students have a one-up on the other students who do not know how to use the technology. My only problem with this video is when we are asked the question, "what are the teachers needed for?" When given the answers, my only thought was that any person with experience could follow up with that. I believe there needs to be more teaching. I understand that people need to learn on their own, but there are teachers for a reason and I think they need to be used more. Keep up the work.
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...an application and sale it to the application store" sell not sale

    What about the student's PLE?

    How do these 12 year old compare in technological literacy to you?

    Minimal.

    ReplyDelete