Sunday, February 6, 2011

BLOG POST # 3

1.       MICHEAL WESCH
I can relate to the video in many different ways. After watching the video one thing that captured my attention was students surfing the web and facebooking. In most cases students bring their laptop to class to offset the boredom. Students may not use their textbooks because most teachers teach from PowerPoint slides or the internet. I agree that students spend a lot of time during class doing things unrelated to the course. I wouldn’t change the content of the video, but I would try to make the video more appealing to prospective college students.
2.       Kelly Hines
I strongly agree with Kelly Hines about the technology blog. Technology does not help every child learn because each child needs something different. Technology does not prevent a child from learning. In most cases the internet can prevent a student from learning. The students will find other things on the internet that interest them besides what the teacher is teaching. My personal opinion is technology enhances a student’s ability to learn for cultural diversity.

3.       Karl Fisch
I think teachers can be technologically illiterate because technology changes daily. Technology is constantly changing daily therefore you will never know everything about the technology. The example given about teachers 30 years ago not being able to read or write was a outstanding example. I personally think no one will be able to keep up with technology today.
4.       Gary Hayes
Things are technologically and socially changing at a drastic rate. As a teacher I would take this into consideration therefore I will try to enhance my technological intelligence. Also a teacher I would try to emerge my social networking ability to reach out to my students. Children today are very knowledgeable to the computer and internet therefore that is great way to grasp their attention.

2 comments:

  1. In your post you said: "In most cases the internet can prevent a student from learning." I would have to disagree because the internet is a much better way of learning that some teachers we learn from. Plus, we can enhance the learning experience by using the internet while the teacher is lecturing. This allows the student to feel free to have no limits to learning. Of course, there will be students that misuse this freedom, but there are always ways that technology can be used in the classroom.

    Good post Percy,

    Don't forget to use pictures in every blog post you do.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Percy, I'm assigned to you for C4C this time. I enjoyed your post and was impressed with your honesty. It's hard at times to voice your opinion about different teaching styles or classroom strategies without offending your fellow colleagues. You use grace and efficiency in this blog and that can be difficult to do. Good job!

    ReplyDelete