Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog Post #5

The I School Initiative
I think the students will lose focus by using the I Phone to learn. The internet alone can be a distraction in the classroom. Most students will find things on the internet to gain their interest. I think I School can be an enhancement, but the application should not be used in the place of books.
The I School will save money but it will not save the students. The internet can start unwanted behavior in school. I just don’t think switching to I School is a good idea.
Unknown
Watch the Lost Generation
The Video had me confused at first. I was sitting here thinking to myself family is more important than work. Once she started reading from the bottom to the top the video became clear to me. The video was very informative and the information provided was helpful.
Virtual Choir by Eric Whitacre
The video and the music were amazing. I really enjoyed listening to the music. The creation of the video was unique. The singers in the choir never met and everything was put together via the internet. Technology today is awesome.
Teaching in the 21st Century
Teaching in the 21st Century is moving towards 100% technology based. Based on the information in the video students will be learning more than Math, History, Language Arts, Science, and other subjects. Teaching in the 21st Century is gearing towards not just education, but helping students make decision for society. I think the video was very informative. Students do not need to be entertained they need to be engaged is a very true statement.

4 comments:

  1. Percy,

    You made a valid point about the iSchool being a distraction. Maybe there will be a way to keep that from happening. Also, I agree with the statement you made about how students will be learning more than just math, history, language arts, and science. I, too, liked the engagement verse entertainment idea.
    Thanks for the insight!
    Jacey-Blaire Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you think the iSchool is a bad idea because student will not attend to school work, they will access things they shouldn't, books should still be used (you don't answer why), money may be saved but the students will not be. Wow! You really are opposed to it!

    "Technology today is awesome." How does that square with your antipathy to the iSchool?

    Do you still have negative things to say about the iSchool after watching Teaching in the 21st Century?

    Where is your comment on Dr. Scott McLeod's post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really didn't understand where the "Lost Generation" video was going at first either. It was kind of irritating me, some of the things that were being said. But after watching it all the way through I thought it was a really good video. I thought the technique used to make it was really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your point of view about the I school, but I have to disagree. I think if there would be ways to separate the time used for school work and things other than school work. I feel that the ischool will save money and kids, because the kids may actually be a little more interested in learning the material in this different way.

    ReplyDelete