Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blog Post #12

Watch this video:



1. Write a write a paragraph or more in which you identify a coaching philosophy that fits your personality. Comment on ways a coach can adjust their philosophy to increase the team's cohesion.

2. Post a comment on the YouTube video:

My Post:

The "Tell it like it is..." approach fits my personality the best. My plans are to become a high school football or basketball coach. Athletes at the high school level usually adopt a game style before entering the 9th grade. Therefore completely changing their game can be rather hard. My tell it like is approach will be perfect for capturing their attention. Athletes at this age deal with aggressive feedback a lot better than younger kids. When coaches directly approach a positive or negative issue, players often give instant feedback.

I also think coaches have to be very versatile. Even though I have an aggressive approach, having that "quiet strength" works great when dealing with a really diverse team.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Percy,
    Your blog looks great and well put together. Making up your own assignment for blog post 12, was pretty fun! Don't you think? I felt it gave us an opportunity to write what we want to talk about. The "Tell It Like It Is" approach is great to help motivate students in the direction you think would be best for them, on the field or court. I would agree 100% that coaches need to be versatile because everyone has a different style. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good idea! It needs more effort and details but I definitely like where you're going with it.

    ReplyDelete